Sunday 27 July 2014

The most thought provoking book I have read this year!

Another great customer review for 'Merdeka' on Amazon's UK site.  All reviews are really appreciated and extracts can be seen on the Review Page of this blog. Many thanks to "Hisboss" for the following:

I chose this book because I had spent two years living in Brunei and had had the opportunity of travelling around Malaysia and loved the experience.

Lachlan Gunn has written this story beautifully. I was a bit slow in getting into the plot but once I did I was totally captivated. I imagined myself in the jungle getting nowhere fast. Again, something I have done. The way the author describes the noise , the heat and the leeches, and the cat and mouse situations of the hunters and hunted.

This is such a moving story which plays with your emotions, and highlights the sadness in the loss of life for a belief.

My heart bled for Alick and what he went through, his PTSD, his struggle with his emotions, and his personal life.

This is a beautifully written book, done with great thought and empathy. The most thought provoking book I have read this year!

How to get the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment